Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Katie's Rainforest copyright 2010 by Dave Putnam


Before starting this painting I channeled my teenage niece, Katie. I tried to envision a pristine tropical wilderness through her eyes. Because she has an optimistic nature and is unsullied by the travails of a longer life, Katie's view of the future is crisp and clean, unlike my view of the future which is dark and brooding. I would show the rainfoerst being torched.
This is my second in the rainforest series. I am working on a third rainforest painting currently. It is entitled "Anne's Rainforest." Anne is Katie's mom. Even though Anne is my age and has lived a much harder life, her view of the world is as positive as her daughter's, but more detailed and complicated. If not for my ability to channel these sunnier souls all my paintings would be dark and menacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment