Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chocolate Storm copyright 2011 by Dave Putnam


This is part of my water series. I create these paintings when there is a light mist falling in my outdoor studio. Recently my doctor told my I can't eat anything with sugar, which causes me to crave chocolate. Rather than give in to my craving, I channel it into art. Some people look at this painting and are overcome by an insane desire to stuff themselves with chocolate. Other people, me included, will be able to satisfy a choco craving by viewing and contemplating Chocolate Storm. In my last blog I put up a painting that only causes craving, not satisfaction. I am working now on a painting that progresses one step further and is satisfying for everybody, and causes cravings in nobody. This is how absrtract expressionism evolves, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment