Friday, April 15, 2011

Pink Ponies copyright 2010 by Dave Putnam


Pink Ponies was a commission by my youngest collector, a three year-old girl. She has very specific taste in art. She likes balloons, clowns, cows, elephants, and horses. When I showed her the completed work she was so excited she ran in circles, jumped up and down, and clapped her hands, laughing with delight the whole time. I have never had a collector more pleased with a painting. It was gratifying to hit the nail so squarely on the head.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave: Dennis Shanahan here from KGO Radio (in the good daze ) - Nice to see your work! The Pony reminds me of daughter Lily's work with Perler Beads (https://www.lillianshanahan.com/beads) I looked you up after seeing a Buick Encore on 101 w/ Putnam plates. (I live in San Mateo).
    If you're open to it, I could bring Lily down to see your art @ a convenient time? Look forward to hearing from you,
    Dennis Shanahan
    (415) 601-8131
    (the production sessions we had @ KGO for Champion Buick with your Sales Manager were some of the best memories I have from those bygone daze of Radio - how the mighty have fallen!)

    ReplyDelete